Thursday, March 20, 2008

Helping the Paws Cause




MEW!!! First of all thank you to Beau and Angelica for asking everyone to stop by and say hi. And tanks you to all who have. Meowsa I am awed by the welcome!!!




Since I live in Connecticut like Beau and Angelica it is my duty to help spread the word about the ultra important declawing thing being talked bout in our state government. They are trying to introduce a bill that would make it illegal to declaw cats unless it is for a medical reason. I hope they don't mean a human medical condition related to getting whapped by a cat's claws. After all, we are usually trying to preserve OUR medical condition when we use our claws! Anyway, I got Mummy to write the senators, Chris Dodd and Joe Lieberman, and our state representative, Rosa De Lauro bout this-urging them to do the right thing. Try and get your humans to do the same even if you don't live in Connecticut. Your humans could say hey! look at what Connecticut is doing-why can't you propose a similar bill in our state? It's easy to write them. Just google their names and go to their websites and leave a message. You can follow up with a phone call too.




MEW!!!

7 comments:

Just Ducky said...

Hi Tun Tun nice to meet you. I came over from Beau Beau and Angies.

You are furry nice to work so that kitties don't get declawed. I am one of those cats that are all four de-clawed. My first owner did this, not my current mum. I was this way when she got me.

Purrs. Derby

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hi TunTun, nice to meet you. We heard about you furrom BeauBeau and Angie. We haf bofe got all our claws cuz we need them furr tree climbing and mousie hunting. De-clawing is already illegal in England and we fink it should be illegal efurrywhere.

Daisy said...

I hope the law will pass!

Millie said...

Hi Tun Tun! Nice to meet you. I came over from Monty Q's. Mom and I agree with you about the de-clawing. Terrible thing to do!

Karen Jo said...

Hi Tun Tun. I read about you at Beau Beau and Angie's blog. You are doing great work to outlaw declawing. I know of cats who were declawed to save the furniture. Hmph! I trained the cat who used to live with me to use the scratching post instead of the furniture with very little trouble. With those plastic nail caps available now, there is no reason to declaw any cat.

Poppy Q said...

Hi Tun Tun. My name is Poppy Q and I lives in new Zealand.

Our vets are not allowed to declaw cats unless it is for their health. It is a restricted procedure, and the vets recommend other options for owners to combat scratching.

We wish that it was illegal around the world, as it is a cruel thing to do to pussycats toesies. We think that owners only ask for it, cause they don't know better. Fanks for discussing it on your blog.

I hopes you enjoys cat blogging.
Poppy Q

Snowball said...

Hi Tun Tun,

Welcome to blogsphere. My blog will be exactly 1 year old tomorrow. I am sure you will make lots of friends here.

I saw you comment to JB about Ms Poo's problem that your mummy is a pet communicator. Can she talk to pet overseas? Can you let us know how she do that, please? We are very curious cos so far jie jie has been trying her best to read my body language but a lot of time she dun understand what I want especially when I keep standing there staring at her or staring into empty space with my tail down. She thought it might be because my back is hurting but she can't be sure.

So far according to the vet, although my health is not in tip top condition but I am considered ok cos for some reason my liver reading is a bit on the high side for a while. Jie jie would like to understand me more but she didn't know how to. She felt desperate when can't understand what I am trying to tell her.

You can reach us on our email: furrysnowball@gmail.com

Luv
Snowball